After carefully reading the following enrichment class options and requirements, please indicate first, second, and third choices in the spaces provided on the registration form.
Note: The institute cannot guarantee your first choice. Students who do not sign up for enrichment will not be assigned to this option.
- Fiddling class is open to violinists, violists, and cellists in Book 3 or 4. Some experience with simple double-stops is helpful. Students will learn basic fiddle tunes in various styles by ear.
- Reading Orchestra is open to students with reading experience who do not meet the qualifications for orchestra. Students must be capable of reading half, quarter, and eighth notes, plus dotted quarter and eighth notes, in the keys of C, G, and D. The minimum Suzuki book level is violin Book 3, viola Book 2, or cello Book 2.
- Creative Movement/Dance class is available for all age groups. Activities include dances in the Suzuki literature (minuet, gavotte, and bourrée) as well as African and Bulgarian folk dances. Parents are welcome to participate with their children.
- Viola for Violinists will be offered during both weeks of the institute. Book 4 level and good reading skills are prerequisites. Violinists should supply their own viola whenever possible. A limited number of instruments will be available.
- Creative Ability Development is new this year and is open to any age and level, exploring improvisation and the art of choice. Rule #1 in CAD games and practice is "There's No Such Thing As a Mistake!". This allows players to find their unique musical voices, developing unique musicality in the process.
- Chorus is open to students age 6 and up. Students will learn choral skills taught in a Suzuki mannner and will perform on the Grand Concert each week.