Teaching From the Balance Point is a workshop for Suzuki teachers of all string instruments. In the course, we will explore many of the ideas presented in this classic text about the Suzuki Method. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the Suzuki philosophy and approach to teaching. Using students from his home studio for live demonstrations, teacher participants will have the opportunity to observe teacher trainer and author, Edward Kreitman, demonstrating the results of working with the teaching principals outlined in this book.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Priority Teaching
- Developing Musicianship (through the first three Suzuki volumes)
- Group Class techniques
- Suzuki Philosophy
- How to engage parents as teaching partners
- Purposeful Review
- How to teach "Playing by Ear"
- Developing Vibrato
- Specific Techniques for Working with Students
- Learning to Develop and Implement Your Vision as a Teacher
- Open to any string instrument.
- Must have completed ECC! and Book 1.