- What are you looking for? Do you just want to visit one department, or look at a number of different offerings?
- There will be food! Come prepared to snack! Or shove food in your bag, it’s cool.
- Your friend totally wants to come with you! Invite them!
- Who else will be there besides representatives from majors and minors?
- Financial Aid – ask them how a possible major could affect your financial aid.
- International Programs – ask them about studying abroad!
- Career Services – ask them about internships and networking opportunities!
- Office of the Registrar - ask them questions about Homer and Degree Works!
- Integrative Core Curriculum - ask about fulfilling ICC requirements and how the ICC interconnects to your major or minors!
Know Before You Go
At the Fair - Question Suggestions
- What would I learn about if I studied this major?
- What kinds of jobs do graduates of this major start out in? What jobs do they end up in?
- What’s a good introductory course to take to get a feel for the major?
- Do you have an advising sheet or list of requirements for the major?
- What complementary majors or minors should I consider to maximize my educational experience?
- What are some internships, research opportunities, organizations and co-curricular activities that are associated with this major?
- Are there any opportunities for faculty/student collaboration, undergraduate research or conference attendance in your major?
- Do you have special events/open houses for potential majors I can sign up for?
After the Fair, What Happens Next
- Follow up with the department chair about your interest in the major and make sure you’re on their mailing list of interested students.
- Stop by your advisor’s office to chat and process what you learned.
- Contact the academic advisor for the school you’re interested in and talk to them about a plan to complete the major.
- Visit the Career Center to get more information about potential careers and majors.