When the Honors Steering Committee accepts a proposal for an honors seminar, the faculty member who has proposed the seminar becomes a member of the Ithaca College honors faculty. The honors faculty meets on a regular basis to discuss the program and to engage in special faculty development activities. The bylaws of the Ithaca College Honors Faculty are found below.
Honors Faculty Resources
The Honors Program Faculty
For more info about the governing body of the Honors Program
Want to propose a new honors course?
Would you like to teach for honors?
Honors is an all-college program and we encourage faculty from all schools and all majors to teach for honors.
Who can teach for honors? All full-time, continuing Ithaca College faculty are eligible to teach for honors and thereby become members of the Ithaca College Honors Faculty.
If you are interested in teaching a course, please follow these steps:
1. Discuss your interest in teaching for honors with your department chair.
3. The Honors Steering Committee will review and respond.
4. Submit the Request to Schedule Form. Our schedule is due in early September for the upcoming spring semester and early February for the following fall semester.
5. Request that your department chair send their approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The Honors Steering Committee approves the schedule and notifies you to confirm.
The Honors Steering Committee
General authority for decisions regarding the honors program rests with the Honors Steering Committee. The Honors Steering Committee is selected in such a way as to represent a wide variety of academic areas and programs. The current members are:
- Cory Young - Director, Ithaca College Honors Program, Ex-oficio
- Alicia Swords - Former Director, Ithaca College Honors Program, Ex-oficio
- Rich Wong - As representative for Admission, Senior Assistant Director, Admission, Ex-oficio (May 2021)
- Terell Bennett- Residential Director for Lyon Hall, Ex-oficio
- Jonathan Ablard (May 2021)
- Stewart Auyash (May 2021)
- Brooks Miner (May 2022)
- Rachel Wagner (May 2019)
- Ian Woods (May 2023)
- Patty Zimmerman (May 2023)
- Matthew Geiszler (May 2022)
Honors Faculty Funding Request Form
Please use following link to request funding for a current Honors course. Please fill out each question. You will be notified by email to confirm whether your request has been approved.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or at 607-274-7784.