Before you apply for graduate/professional school in the health sciences, you should interview with the Health Professions Advisory Committee. These interviews occur during Spring Semester, generally after Spring Break. The HPAC interview has three general goals:
- Practice for your 'real' interviews at graduate/professional schools.
- Gathering of information for your Committee Letter of recommendation.
- Discussion about how to strengthen your applications, and about alternative options
You should interview with the HPAC in Spring 2022 if any one of the following is true:
- You are applying to a Medical, Dental, Veterinary, Physician Assistant, or other health profession school in 2022, for entry in Fall 2023.
- You will need a letter of recommendation from the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) to support your application
- You will graduate from IC in 2022, but plan to apply to one of these programs in the next couple of years
What you need to do:
- Register with the HPAC if you have not already done so.
- Complete YOUR INTENT to INTERVIEW form by mid-February.
- you can change your mind later, but this lets us be sure to schedule enough interview slots.
- Attend an information session
- Usually end of February - watch your email or HPAC Announcements for the date and time
- Prepare your resume, personal statement, and unofficial transcript.
- You will need these documents to register for an interview.
- Register for an interview. Registration generally opens in early March.
- Interview! Interviews occur in the evening and last approximately 20-25 min.
- Debrief. Within two weeks of your interview, meet with an HPAC member to discuss your interview and next steps. Each student will be assigned an HPAC member to meet.