School of Music students must register their ensembles to become eligible for paid performances. Ensembles will be given the opportunity to play at a variety of venues on and off campus.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
- A representative of the group fills out the MusIC in the Community Registration Form below.
- When a request comes in which your group qualifies the Community Engagement Assistant will notify the ensemble representative via email.
- If your ensemble is available to perform, the primary contact of your group is then put into direct contact with the venue representative to discuss details concerning the event.
- Your group must be registered if you would like to be considered for paid gigs.
- There must be two or more members in the ensemble.
- At least one member of the ensemble must be a School of Music student pursuing a music degree.
- There must be only one primary contact person for each group.
- Students must re-register their group each semester.
- Students are responsible for all transportation and music equipment if they are performing on an off campus site.
- The ensemble must have at least 30 minutes worth of repertoire prepared at the time of registration.
- Students must be dressed professionally as they are representing Ithaca College School of Music each time they perform.
This form is different from the MusIC in the Community Request Form. The information submitted on this form is held in a database for one semester and is used when a community venue requests your type of ensemble. If you wish to perform an unpaid community concert at a specific venue at a predetermined date and time please view the Information for Students page.
MUSIC IN THE COMMUNITY REGISTRATION FORM
To register your ensemble, please click HERE.