Welcome to the
Academic Advising Center!
The mission of the Academic Advising Center at Ithaca College is to empower students to engage in thoughtful educational planning and to teach and assist students in making informed decisions regarding their academic and life goals through collaborative and supportive partnerships with students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The Academic Advising Center (AAC) is part of the Center for Academic Advancement. The AAC is comprised of professional academic advisors who partner with faculty and staff across campus to help students engage in thoughtful educational planning and goal setting. Advisors empower Ithaca College students to take responsibility for achieving academic goals.
A professional academic advisor is available to:
- Talk with you about your educational and career goals
- Review general degree requirements
- Provide tips for making a good transition to college level classes
- Discuss adding or changing majors or minors
- Help you learn how to manage your time and prepare for exams
- Listen to your needs and get you to the best person or resource to help you
The FAQs provide more information about our services and how professional academic advisors and faculty advisors each play an important role in your success at Ithaca College. The Advising Expectations section also provides information on the role of an advisor and an advisee.
The Advising Center also works closely with the other units of the Center for Academic Advancement: Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and Tutoring Services and can make referrals to those offices and others on campus in order to best serve student needs.
Contact the Academic Advising Center whenever you are not sure where to find the answers! You can make an appointment or use our drop-in hours.
- We are located at 130A Rothschild Place (next to the Park
School of Communications).
The main phone number is 607-274-1001.
- Our regular office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00.
- Drop-in hours (no appointment needed) are Monday-Friday
Summer drop-in hours are Monday-Thursday 9-4 and Friday 9-3.
Stop by to see us soon! We are here for you!
The Academic Advising Center is one of three academic support offices within the Center for Academic Advancement that reports to the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Programs at Ithaca College. The other offices are Student Accessibility Services and Tutoring Services.