Apply to Be a Student Caller
"The IC Annual Fund phonathon can be an integral part of our student experience at Ithaca College. Speaking to alumni and parents on a regular basis is immensely rewarding, helping to sharpen our communication and relationship-building skills. Callers are the voice of the IC student community, and it's refreshing to share our experiences with parents and alumni, who not only give us advice, but also listen to our stories and experiences as current students.
"One of the most rewarding parts of our job is the conversations we have. As we genuinely get to know each person we speak to, a world of wonderful stories and insights opens up. As callers, we walk away from our shift with the satisfaction that we not only connected with parents and alumni about the College, gaining access to an array of incredible advice and memories, but we also gained a more holistic understanding of the importance of an IC education."
—Shaza '13, phonathon student supervisor
- Currently enrolled in a degree program at Ithaca College
- Familiarity with IC's campus, activities, and history
- Interest in helping Ithaca College
- Speak English clearly and communicate effectively by phone
- Courteous and engaging personality
- Able to present information concisely and persuasively
- Able to follow directions and accurately record data/details
- Good time-management skills
- Inform IC alumni and parents about campus events, news, enhancements, and initiatives
- Professionally communicate IC's mission and priorities
- Maintain and update information and records
- Ask alumni and parents to make a gift to the College by credit card or pledge
- Accept constructive feedback and coaching from phonathon student managers, supervisors, and call monitors, as well as IC Annual Fund staff, to improve phoning skills and enhance results
- Meet phonathon performance standards
- Display a professional and positive attitude
- Manage school work load and job hours
- Uphold phonathon employment and confidentiality agreements
- Work at least two shifts per week
- Shift times:
Fall Sunday afternoon, 2:15–5:00 p.m.
Fall Sunday evening, 5:45–8:30 p.m.
Spring Sunday afternoon, 3:00–6:00 p.m.
Monday evening, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Tuesday evening, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Wednesday evening, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Thursday evening, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
- Attend and participate in monthly phonathon staff meetings
Condition of Employment
- Must be in good judicial and academic standing (GPA of at least 2.20)
- $10.40 per hour, with eligibility for performance incentives