The college has estimated that 4,700 students at the institution are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds.
Who Can Receive Funds?
Eligibility will be determined by the college through FAFSA documents and distribution will begin once a student receives and completes the HEERF survey accepting their grant. The survey will be sent to eligible students to their Ithaca College email.
Eligibility Requirements for HEERF Funding
These requirements were set by the U.S. Department of Education and will be verified by Ithaca College based on a review of each student's FAFSA.
- U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Valid Social Security number
- Registered with Selective Service if the student is a male
- Earned a high school diploma, GED or completed high school in an approved homeschool setting
- Student is not in default on a Title IV loan
- Certification of a statement of educational purpose
- Student does not owe a refund on grants previously received at any college
- Maintaining the minimum satisfactory academic progress standards
- Student has not been convicted of a crime involving fraud in obtaining Federal financial aid
- Student has not been convicted of a drug offense while receiving Federal financial aid