Undergraduate students – be sure that you are using the Summer Checklist specific to you and your program in your IC Connect Portal. Below please find a general summer checklist for international students coming to Ithaca College in the Fall.
- Activate your Netpass and IC email – and check the IC email often and act upon messages sent there.
- Apply for your student visa (if applicable). Here are some tips for the visa appointment.
- Organize your trip to Ithaca.
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions about your on-campus housing assignment
- Take care of your health certification forms at ithaca.edu/orientation/orientation-faqs/health-center-and-forms. Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, IC ID number, and that you are an international student.
- Make arrangements for your billing and payments at ithaca.edu/tuition-financial-aid/billing-payments. Questions? Write to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, IC ID number, and that you are an international student.
- Upload a photo at ithaca.edu/id-office, so that we can have your IC ID ready for you when you arrive on campus.
- Health Insurance information (as well as information about the insurance waiver which is due by August 10) is available at ithaca.edu/hammond-health-center/student-insurance.
- Registration for Fall courses
- First-semester students - course registration will start on July 26. Training materials and supporting information will be available as of July 19.
- Transfer and continuing students - course registration is open through the summer.
- Graduate students – contact your grad chair for more information about registration.
- Mailing items to yourself on campus? Information is available at the bottom section of
- ithaca.edu/mail-services/summer-student-mail-services. Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your COVID vaccination certification - send a scan of your official vaccination certificate (enclose a translation if the document is not in English) by July 19 to email@example.com as per the instructions here Include your name and IC ID number in the message.
- If you have not been vaccinated, or if you’re only partially vaccinated, or you only have access to a vaccine which is not on the WHO list, or if you’re in any other circumstance: by July 19, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please write “International student – vaccine question” and in the message, please state your name, IC ID number, that you are an international student, and which country you are coming from. Then briefly explain your circumstances and/or ask your questions. The Health Center staff will reply to you with information about the process you need to follow upon arrival on campus and they will support you. More information is available in the Q&A section of ithaca.edu/return-to-campus/health-safety-prevention/vaccine.
Ithaca College will accept all CDC-approved and all WHO-approved vaccines and IC will offer support to the students who need to get vaccinated upon arrival on campus or need other assistance. Even if the vaccine is not (at this time) on the CDC or WHO approved list, the College still recommends that folks get vaccinated in order to stay safe.