$2,064.00 for August 10th, 2020 through August 9th, 2021
Student Insurance 2020-2021
What does the plan cost?
How do I get the school insurance?
All Ithaca College students are initially charged for the plan and will be automatically enrolled in to the IC student health plan each year, if a waiver is not submitted prior to the waiver deadline.
To expedite enrollment in the plan and avoid delay in establishing benefits or gaps in coverage, students should visit the University Health Plans website and submit and enrollment form.
Waiver deadline is Aug. 31st, 2020.
I don't need or want the Ithaca College insurance? How do I get the $2,064.00 charge for the insurance off my student account?
You must visit University Health Plans web site and fill out the waiver form. You will be charged for the insurance if the pre-waiver questionnaire and waiver form. You will need to provide proof of insurance to waive the Ithaca College insurance plan. You will receive an email confirmation that you submitted the waiver which we recommend you keep for your records. Please allow up to 7-10 days for the waiver to be posted to your account.
I'm an international student or a non-U.S. resident. What do I do? (all international forms are on paper- no online forms available)
If you are not covered by an Embassy Sponsored Program or comparable U.S. based health insurance plan, you are NOT allowed to waive. Please note that the Ithaca College Student Health Insurance Plan meets J1/J2 visa requirements. Please visit the University Health Plans web site and submit the enrollment form for international students.
If you are covered by an Embassy Sponsored Program, or a U.S. based health insurance plan with equal or better coverage, you may go to https://www.universityhealthplans.com/pdf/Ithaca_IntlStudentWaiverForm-1920.pdf?20190801 to print and complete a paper waiver.
I'm covered by my family’s or spouse’s insurance plan. What do I do?
Ithaca College encourages you to compare the costs, coverage, and benefits of the student health insurance plan to those of your existing plan before making any decision about your health insurance.
Consider the following in making your decision:
- Students with out of state HMO/PPO or Medicaid plans often incur higher charges when obtaining care outside of the plan’s local service area or network and access to local services in Ithaca may be limited or denied.
- Some insurance plans, including out-of-state Medicaid Plans, only cover urgent or emergent care when care is obtained out of network or outside of the plan’s local service area.
- Some plans do not cover outpatient referrals, or may only cover them after a high deductible or co-payment; this plan can help cover those expenses.
- This plan includes coverage for preventive and well care services, has a low deductible, and a prescription plan.
Does the Hammond Health Center need a copy of my insurance card?
If you do elect to waive coverage, we recommend that you provide Ithaca College Student Health Services with a copy of your medical and prescription cards. This is not required, it enables Health Center staff an opportunity to facilitate your health needs.
The Hammond Health Center does not bill insurance.
How can I get the Health Center a copy of my insurance card?
- Fax a copy of both the front and back of your cards to 607-274-1844
- Email a photo of the front and back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come on over to the health center in person and provide your card in person. We will scan it into your chart for you.
How can the health center facilitate my health care needs with a copy of my insurance card?
We can provide your insurance information to the third party resources that Ithaca College has partnered with to facilitate appointment scheduling.
For example we can provide your insurance information for:
- Lab work being processed by our outside lab. (LabCorp)
- Referrals to outside specialists.
- Orthopedic supplies provided by our partner Hangar Supplies
None of this was helpful. What do I do now?
Please call University Health Plans at 1-800-437-6448 for questions regarding the student health insurance plan.
Ithaca College requires all matriculated undergraduate and graduate student to have health insurance.
For 2020 - 2021 Ithaca College has partnered with MVP Health Care, to provide a plan with comprehensive coverage for Ithaca College students needing insurance coverage. This plan is serviced by University Health Plans.
Please visit http://www.universityhealthplans.com/ to enroll in or waive out of the plan. Do you have specific insurance questions? 1-800-437-6448 (University Health Plans)