Although things have continued to take a turn for the better, this does not mean we should leave behind the positive habits we have created, especially when traveling for longer periods of time. If you do plan to leave campus for fall break, consider looking at our Covid-19 Dashboard to see if traveling is the best choice.
While traveling, keep in mind that not all states and counties are taking as high precautions against Covid-19 as we are on-campus and throughout Tompkins County. Wearing a mask in public areas, social distancing when necessary, and keeping up good hand hygiene will not only protect you but will also help prevent you from bringing Covid-19 back to our campus community.
Safe traveling tips:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when in public settings or around others.
- Maintain at least 6-feet distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
If you are traveling be sure to travel smart! Look for new places to explore that may be less crowded or stay in town and check out local hiking trails, the Ithaca Farmers Market for tasty treats, and much more. Covid-19 and the delta variant will be with us through this fall semester so let’s keep up the great habits we have practiced over the past year and a half and keep our friends, community members and ourselves safe and healthy! #BomberssupportingBombers
Wrap Around Care Manager and Testing Coordinator