The off-campus release process is conducted once a year and approvals are granted for the entire academic year (Fall and Spring semesters). There is no off campus release process for the Spring Semester.
- Rising juniors (students who have lived on campus for 3 or more semesters by the end of the Fall 2019 semester) may apply for off-campus approval during the Fall off-campus application process. Students may apply individually or as part of a group.
- Rising seniors (students who have lived on campus for 5 or more semesters by the end of the Fall 2019 semester) do not need to apply. Any rising senior who plans to live off campus for 2020-2021 should not participate in the on campus housing selection process. Any rising senior who secures on campus housing in the spring waives their exemption to the Residency policy and must apply for off-campus consideration.
- Students who will be away from campus during the Fall 2020 semester, who desire to live off campus during the Spring 2021 semester, must apply and receive approval to live off campus during the October 2019 off-campus application process. This application must be submitted prior to your departure.
- Off campus approval is not guaranteed.
- Students should not sign a lease prior to written approval for off campus release by the Office of Residential Life.
Students who have less than 3 completed semesters of on-campus living by the end of Fall 2019 semester are not eligible to apply.
The off-campus application process is closed for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Eligible students will be notified via email in the event the opportunity to apply for early off-campus release becomes available again.
Due to technical difficulties with the off-campus application Monday and identifying errors in the application information after it re-opened on Tuesday, we have determined that the current application information cannot be used. In order to facilitate a fair process for all participants, the Office of Residential Life has re-launched the off-campus application process. In the re-launched process, applications submitted at any time during the application window and meet the eligibility criteria will be entered into a randomized lottery for off-campus release.
Anyone who wishes to apply will need to do so through the re-launched process. If you already submitted an application earlier this week, you will need to re-submit your application. Applications are due no later than Tuesday, November 5 by 5:00PM.