Student Leadership Consultant
SLC Job Description:
A team of 15 SLCs assist with the development and implementation of the programs and services offered by OSEMA. Specific duties include creating marketing materials for events, maintaining databases for student groups, hosting leadership workshops, providing assistance in the Student Activities Center and OSEMA office, and much more. This is a great position for detail-oriented students interested in working with people and events. Student Leadership Consultants represent the vision and values of OSEMA. Through continuous education and training, Student Leadership Consultants will have the opportunity to expand their skills in the areas of customer service, public speaking, marketing, and program development. This is a paid, paraprofessional position.
**OSEMA IS SEEKING ONE ADDITIONAL SUMMER SLC!**
Summer 2015 SLC Position Description:
Summer Student Leadership Consultants will work in conjunction with the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs to assist with the development of programs and services offered. Student Leadership Consultants serve as ambassadors to the campus community and should represent the vision and values of the Office.
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of OSEMA, including but not limited to answering phones, filing, collecting mail, opening and closing the offices, faxing, copying, distributing forms and contracts to various constituents, and greeting walk-in appointments.
- Assist in developing marketing materials and planning workshops, conferences, service projects, trainings, and other projects to prepare for the academic year.
- Serve as a resource to individuals and student groups and connect them with campus and community resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and to follow through with ideas from conception to completion.
- Be reliable, confident, and flexible.
- Be conscious of attendance and timelines.
- Have the ability to serve as a role model and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate a capacity for project management.
- Be familiar with the services, structures, and systems of Ithaca College, especially those related to OSEMA.
- Utilize organized decision and problem solving skills.
- Take initiative and work independently.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Set a positive tone for interaction and demonstrate responsibility and respect for others’ rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds, and for personal and College property.
- Have the ability to produce creative marketing materials, including bulletin boards.
- Summer SLCs must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and be in good judicial standing at the time of hiring.
- Summer SLCs assist with the development of the programs and services offered by OSEMA. Specific duties include creating marketing materials for events, maintaining databases for student groups, providing assistance in the OSEMA office, and much more. This is a great position for creative, detail-oriented students interested in working with people and planning events.
- Pay is $9.00 and hours will be Mondays-Thursdays 9:00am-5:00pm, with a lunch break and Fridays 9:00am-3:00pm with a lunch break.
- Start Date is May 18, 2015 and end date is August 21, 2015. Up to 10 days off during that time may be requested.
Students interested in applying should send a resume, cover letter expressing interest, and one original piece you created to advertise an event (could be a flyer, online ad, photo of a bulletin board you did… be creative!) to Michele Lenhart, Director of Student Leadership and Involvement, at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is May 8, 2015 by 5:00pm.