JED Campus Initiative
Over the past two years the JED Campus Committee at Ithaca College has been following the JED Campus strategic timeline and the JED Foundation’s Comprehensive Suicide Prevention framework. This comprehensive approach contains 6 key components, which include:
- developing life skills, promoting social connectedness,
- identifying students at risk, increasing help seeking behavior,
- providing mental health & substance abuse services,
- following crisis management procedures,
- restricting access to potentially lethal means and
- building a strategic plan that addresses each of these components.
The Ithaca College JED Campus Committee would like to share the following progress report with the Ithaca College community to provide updates about the process and the progress made through May 2022.