How to survive an emotional crisis / Meditation practice audio files
This folder contains audio tracks produced by the Center for Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) to teach and explain basic coping strategies. These tracks include demonstrations of diaphragmatic breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, meditation using a mantra, tips for improving sleep, and meditation to cope with painful emotions.
There is no copy protection on these files, so you can stream them on your computer or add them to any device that can play mp3 files. Contact Paul Mikowski, Psy.D., if you have any questions (email@example.com or 607-274-3136).
How to Use the Files:
1) Left-click on a track to select it and then, on the new page,
click it again if you would like to stream it over your Internet
2) Alternatively, you can left-click on a track to select it and, on the new page right-click on the track and (on a PC) select Save Link As to save the file anywhere on your computer. If you save the file to your computer, you can add it to any device that plays mp3 files.
Explaining Why Relaxation Exercises Work:
Basic Relaxation techniques:
- Using the half-breath diaphragmatic breathing for relaxation
- Using basic diaphragmatic breathing to increase relaxation
- Using the five-finger exercise to increase positive emotions
- Tips to improve sleeping habits
- Using the 20-minute method to help when you have trouble falling asleep
Coping Strategies/Meditation to Help with Crisis:
- Using distractions to tolerate emotional crisis
- Using meditation to accept and tolerate difficult emotions