We've been teaching film and photography since the 1960s, and we have more than 13,000 alumni in the communications industry around the world—many in Los Angeles and New York. Our alumni are screenwriters, studio execs, directors, editors for photography magazines, DPs, independent artists, post-production and special effects specialists, media educators, gallery and museum professionals, location scouts, producers, agents, and more.
Our students get great jobs and "gigs" right out of college.
- Casey Schoch ’19 works at the Partos Agency in Venice, CA, after spending her last semester at our Los Angeles Center.
Check out the left-hand menu links to read more in-depth profiles of some alumni
- Rodrigo Bellott ’01, whose directorial debut, Sexual Dependency, was the first Bolivian film to be nominated for a Best Foreign Language Academy Award.
- David Boreanaz ’91 is an actor, producer, and director. Credits include Seal Team, Bones, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Tsugumi ("Ami") Maki ’94 is chief operating officer of the Institute of Contemporary Art Boston.
- Aya Tanamura ’03 is a director of music videos for artists like Katy Perry, sponsored content, and independent films.
- Juan Augustin Marquez '04 is four-time Emmy Award-winning documentary producer of The Last Colony and his national music TV show, Té Para Tres con Pili Montilla.
- Lauren DeCicca ’11 is a freelance photographer based in Bangkok; she was selected as one of Photo Boite's 30 Under 30 Women Photographers of 2017.
- Bill Carraro ’81 is an executive producer. Credits include RoboCop, The Golden Compass, Tower Heist, and Terminator: Genisys.
- Liz Tigelaar ’98 is a television producer and writer. Credits include Bates Motel, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Brothers & Sisters, Nashville, and Life UnExpected (creator).
- Bill D’Elia ’69 is a director and executive producer. Credits include How to Get Away with Murder, Harry’s Law, Allie McBeal, and Boston Legal.
- Dan Heffner ’78 is executive producer of the Saw franchise.
- Jim Miller ’85 is an executive director at Brave New Films. Credits include Koch Brothers Exposed, War on Whistleblowers, & Unmanned: America’s Drone Wars.
- Mark Romanek ’81 is a film and music video director. Credits include Never Let Me Go, One Hour Photo, Shake it Off by Taylor Swift, and Scream by Michael Jackson (w/ Janet Jackson).
- Alison Savitch ’83 is a visual effects producer. Credits include Star Trek: Borg Invasion, Paramount Parks, Green Lantern 3D, and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.