Networking. Interviews. LinkedIn. A resume that stands out. Landing a great job or internship is about so much more than submitting an application. Starting in your very first semester, you'll participate in workshops, events, and student organizations to build the skills you need to launch a professional career.
Get the Ithaca College School of Business Edge
In the School of Business, we know that internships are an essential part of building a resume. Our Professions Program is designed to poise you for high-level, competitive internships. Beginning with a required informational interview and progressing to a 30-hour career exploration, you'll gain experiences and build skills that will help you focus your career goals and make meaningful professional connections.
Our faculty are nationally and internationally recognized for their high-quality research that makes an impact on both theory and practice. Their true passion, however, is engaging with students. Whether in the classroom, supervising internships and independent studies, or advising, our faculty will put you front and center.
PricewaterhouseCoopers. Macy’s. JPMorgan. Madison Square Garden. Our alumni work in some of the most recognizable companies in the world. Others manage small businesses or start their own. They’re also passionate about IC and love to share their expertise with current students.
Skills and Certifications
The School of Business provides students with the opportunity to gain skills and certifications to set themselves apart. This includes Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, and Eikon certifications, as well as leadership certificates through IC’s Student Leadership Institute.
Best of Both Worlds
Live in an idyllic, progressive college-town setting. Spread your wings and spend a semester abroad or in London through the IC London Center program. Enjoy meaningful alumni connections, extensive internship opportunities, and valuable networking events in cities such as Boston, New York City, and Philadelphia
• $100,000 in endowed scholarships for continuing students demonstrating excellence in coursework, leadership, and professional activities
• $50,000 for student organizations and travel
• $44,000 in prize money for the Business Idea and Business Plan Competitions
• Support for students participating in research to attend professional conferences with faculty
• A robust academic and professional advising program including faculty and peer advisors, an assistant dean, an academic services coordinator, a student help desk, and an external relations program director
• Student access to professional software and databases, including the trading room that features 12 Bloomberg terminals and 35 workstations with real-time Reuters capital markets software