The Graduate Professional Excellence Award is given to graduate students whose work and leadership during their academic coursework points to a promising career in the field of physical therapy.
Danielle M. Pasquale
Graduate Professional Excellence Award
Since I was very young, I always knew I wanted to pursue a career in healthcare. Helping people is something I’ve always had a passion for and is what drove my decision to follow a career in physical therapy. Growing up in a family with several other Ithaca College graduates, I fell in love with the campus at a young age. After learning about the reputation of the physical therapy program at Ithaca College, I made it a goal of mine to work hard with the hope of being accepted into the doctor of physical therapy program and have the opportunity to attend the college that I grew up visiting and learning to love.
During my time at Ithaca College, I had the opportunity to become involved in the Movement Analysis Lab where I worked with other peers to assist Dr. Singh in various research studies. My involvement in these studies gave me countless occasions to attend and present my research at conferences, with the most recent being the International Society of Biomechanics Conference in Calgary, Canada. This was a great opportunity to enhance my learning, network with other professionals, and explore the research aspect of physical therapy.
Academic Achievements and Personal Highlights
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean's List
- Alpha Eta Honor Society
- Phi Kappa PAssistant, Clinical Physiology
- Research Assistant, “Small Interlimb Asymmetries During Return to Sport Testing with Kinematic hi Honor Society
- Teaching Analysis in Healthy Athletes”
- James J. Whalen Academic Symposium presentation (2018)
- American Physical Therapy Association member
- Ithaca College Italian Club, Vice President
- American Society of Biomechanics poster presentation (2019)