Fall 23 registration (begins April 11, 2023) procedures:
- Students register for classes through Homer.
- Students must meet with their advisors to receive a registration access code (RAC). Without it, students cannot access Homer to register. All faculty are willing to meet with students via in-person; phone, email, or Zoom.
- In order to ensure that history students have preferential access to our classes, both majors and minors can pre-register for classes. Our pre-registration luncheon is scheduled for Thursday, March 23, , 2023, from 12:10 to 1:00 pm in Clark Lounge where faculty will present their fall courses and field student questions about them.
- To pre-register:
- The pre-registration form is provided at the bottom of this page. It will also be emailed to students after the luncheon on March 23, 2023.
- Students can fill out the form and email it to Penny Bogardus . However, this must be done by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 29, 2023. Students may request up to two 100-, 200- or 300- level courses, contingent upon the course’s enrollment cap. Forms will be processed and courses filled in the order in which they are received.
- The pre-registration process CANNOT be used to override time conflicts; course capacities; or financial or medical holds.
- Students may only pre-register for 3 classes total across their whole schedule. If a student can preregister in more than one department, they will need to coordinate their choices carefully as the Dean’s office will only allow a student to be placed into 3 courses before their regular registration time.
- When a student’s registration time arrives, they complete their registration by adding their other courses.
Students are not required to pre-register, but it is clearly in their best interests to do so. Students who do not pre-register lose this opportunity for preferential seating and will have to wait to see if openings are available during the regular registration process.