Awards and Honors
Student Awards and Honors:
- Park Student Writing Award 2022: PR Lab students Nile Gossa-Tsegaye and Sophia Toledo received this award for their case study, "The Decline and Revival of Forever 21: What's in Store for a Fast Fashion Icon Post Bankruptcy," which was their independent project in PR Lab.
- PRism Award 2021: Issued by Public Relations Society of America’s Rochester Chapter. Public Relations Lab students received award in the student category of Planning for their Social Justice Fund campaign for the Community Foundation of Tompkins County. The project was spearheaded by Bianca Summerville; other students on the team included Kara Bowen, Julia Nomberg, and Elinor Zollweg.
PRNEWS CSR & Diversity Awards 2021: Nominated IMC student Bianca Summerville who received honorable mention as one of five top diversity undergraduate students of the year nationwide.
- PRism Award 2000: Students in Public Relations Lab received an award in the Student Program Awards/Events & Observances category by the Public Relations Society of America’s Rochester Chapter. IMC students Caroline Anson, Chloe Landau, and Joey LoPiccolo helped coordinate, promote, and evaluate Wizarding Weekend, a festival for fans of magic and fantasy, held in the Ithaca Commons in October 2019.
- PR Week Student of the Year Award 2016: Served as faculty advisor in Fall 2016 to PR Lab student, Mackenzie Gannon, who was named one of the five national finalists.
- AVA Digital Awards 2015: Video for the web/student production received Gold Award for PR Lab client project, Fall 2014, for Julia E. Dean, a ceramist in Ithaca, in international competition judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP).
- PRWeek Student of the Year Award 2011: Served as faculty advisor in Fall 2010 to PR Lab student, Charlotte Hyman, who was named one of the five national finalists.
- Public Relations Student Society of America, Bateman Case Study Competition, Honorable Mention Citation: Served as faculty advisor to PR Lab students, Spring 2008, in nationwide competition for Safe Kids Buckle Up campaign.
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, Collegiate ECHO, Bronze Award: Served as faculty advisor to PR Lab students, Spring 2007, in nationwide student competition.
Awards and Honors:
- 2022 Educator of the Year, Public Relations Society of America, Rochester Chapter, June 2022. Judging criteria for this new award included demonstrated excellence based on contemporary knowledge of public relations and communications and demonstrated support of students via mentorship, advising and career development. A panel of PRSA past presidents, the current president and president-elect, and other current board members reviewed the pool of nominees. The 32nd annual Rochester PRSA PRism Awards Ceremony is held June 8 at the Rochester Museum & Science Center.
- Faculty Excellence Award, Center for Faculty Excellence, Ithaca College, May 2022. The foremost criterion for the Excellence Awards is an overall excellence during their time at Ithaca College in the responsibilities of a faculty member’s specific appointment including teaching, scholarship, service and/or professional activity.
- Faculty in Residence, Center for Faculty Excellence, Ithaca College, Fall 2020 to Spring 2021: Focused on project, “Best practices in experiential learning in the classroom: Resources, opportunities, and challenges.”
- American Educators of Journalism and Mass Communication Standing Committee on Teaching Best Practices in Teaching Diversity in Mass Communication and Journalism: Meritorious mention for “Gaining understanding and respect: How case studies on real-world public relations campaigns help students learn about social justice in the U.S. and worldwide” submission, Spring 2018.
- Park School of Communications Annual Faculty Writing Awards: Received award for book, Global Writing for Public Relations: Connecting in English with Stakeholders and Publics Worldwide, Spring 2017.
- Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals: Catskill Region brochure received MarCom award for the Catskill Region Association for Tourism Services, 2007; produced at Ruder Finn.
- I Love New York State Division of Tourism Awards: Catskill Region brochure received award for best regional travel guide at the New York State Governor's Tourism Conference, 2006; produced at Ruder Finn.
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International: Received numerous awards for marketing campaigns and feature media coverage, including a Platinum Award for the launch of Singapore Airlines’ New York service; produced at Middleton & Gendron and Hill + Knowlton.