Awards and Honors
Student Awards and Honors:
- PRism Award in the Student Program Awards/Events & Observances category by the Public Relations Society of America’s Rochester Chapter in 2020. Team of PR Lab students, Fall 2019, for Wizarding Weekend included Caroline Anson, Chloe Landau and Joey LoPiccolo.
- PR Week Student of the Year Award 2016: Served as faculty advisor in Fall 2016 to PR Lab student, Mackenzie Gannon, who was named one of the five national finalists.
- AVA Digital Awards 2015: Video for the web/student production received Gold Award for PR Lab client project, Fall 2014, for Julia E. Dean, a ceramist in Ithaca, in international competition judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP).
- PRWeek Student of the Year Award 2011: Served as faculty advisor in Fall 2010 to PR Lab student, Charlotte Hyman, who was named one of the five national finalists.
- Public Relations Student Society of America, Bateman Case Study Competition, Honorable Mention Citation: Served as faculty advisor to PR Lab students, Spring 2008, in nationwide competition for Safe Kids Buckle Up campaign.
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, Collegiate ECHO, Bronze Award: Served as faculty advisor to PR Lab students, Spring 2007, in nationwide student competition.
Awards and Honors:
- American Educators of Journalism and Mass Communication Standing Committee on Teaching Best Practices in Teaching Diversity in Mass Communication and Journalism: Meritorious mention for “Gaining understanding and respect: How case studies on real-world public relations campaigns help students learn about social justice in the U.S. and worldwide” submission, Spring 2018.
- Park School of Communications Annual Faculty Writing Awards: Received award for book, Global Writing for Public Relations: Connecting in English with Stakeholders and Publics Worldwide, Spring 2017.
- Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals: Catskill Region brochure received MarCom award for the Catskill Region Association for Tourism Services, 2007; produced at Ruder Finn.
- I Love New York State Division of Tourism Awards: Catskill Region brochure received award for best regional travel guide at the New York State Governor's Tourism Conference, 2006; produced at Ruder Finn.
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International: Received numerous awards for marketing campaigns and feature media coverage, including a Platinum Award for the launch of Singapore Airlines’ New York service; produced at Middleton & Gendron and Hill + Knowlton.