Community and Professional Involvement with Students Projects
Experiential Learning for Student Projects, Fall 2006 to present. Secure the participation of nonprofits, companies, musicians, and artists as "clients" in public relations courses for student public relations proposals and projects.
- Nonprofits in Tompkins County: American Red Cross of Tompkins County; Beaming Bioneers; Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Rentals of Greater Ithaca; Better Housing for Tompkins County; Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes; Community Arts Partnership of Tompkins County; Community Foundation of Tompkins County; Downtown Ithaca Alliance; Essay Press, Ithaca College; Economic Development of the City of Ithaca; Family Reading Partnership; Finger Lakes Wine Center; FISH Friends in Service Helping; Habitat for Humanity, Ithaca College Chapter; Handwerker Gallery, Ithaca College; History Center in Tompkins County; Ink Shop Printmaking Center & Olive Branch Press; Ithaca College Athletics; Ithaca Community Radio; Ithaca Swim Club; Ithaca/Tompkins County Convention and Visitors Bureau; Karen-Burmese-American Advocates; Kitchen Theatre; Learning Web; LocalFiber; Multicultural Resource Center; Museum of the Earth; New Roots Charter School; Project Look Sharp, Ithaca College; Sciencenter; SPCA of Tompkins County; State of the Art Gallery; Way2Go; Sustainable Tompkins; WEAVE Community; WICB Radio; The Village at Ithaca; Wild Things Sanctuary; Wizarding Weekend.
- Companies, artists, and musicians in Tompkins County: Aerobics Woman; Autumn Moon Spa at La Tourelle Resort; Bel Canto Farm; Blue Stone Bar & Grill; Balance Aromatherapy; Cayuga Lake Cruises; CT Bento Café (now Spicy Asia); Clay School of Ithaca; Coddington Guest House; Comet Skateboards; Country Inn & Suites, Ithaca; Diane Duthie Photography; Emmy’s Organics; Erik Caron Connection; F. Oliver’s, Ithaca; Experience! The Finger Lakes; Fine Line Bistro; Gorges Web Site; Halsey House, Trumansburg; Heart Thread Yoga; Hilton Garden Inn, Ithaca; Homewood Suites, Ithaca; Holly Green Photography; Ithaca Skate Jam; Ithaca Yacht Club; Ithacappella; Jewelbox; Julia E. Dean Ceramics; Kadie Salfi, artist; Kingsley Quality Woodworking; La Tourelle Resort and Spa; Life’s So Sweet Chocolate; Lot 10 Bar & Grill; Luna Fiber Studio, Trumansburg; MaineSource Food & Party Warehouse; Math & Movement; Metal Smithery; Moosewood Restaurant; Moving Box Studios; Newman Golf Course; Norabloom Botanicals & Beauty Lounge; Parakeet Feet; Petite Blue; The Piggery; Premium Blend (female a cappella group); Sim Redmond Band; Six Mile Creek Winery; Tenwood Lodge, Danby; That Indian Drink; Tuff Soul Sustainable Style; Ultimate Athletics; Xtreme Fitness.
- Other companies and nonprofits in New York State: Commemorate Celebrate Memorial Day, Waterloo; Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities, Albany; Corning Museum of Glass, Corning; Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Yorktown Heights; Greek Peak Mountain Resort, Cortland; Heart to Soul Cardiac Wellness, New York City; Maple Hill Creamery, Little Falls; Mo Dancing, Rochester; New York Design Shop, New York City; New York State Dairy Goat Breeders Association; Passport for Good, Troy; Safe Kids Buckle Up, Finger Lakes Chapter; Smith Opera House, Geneva; Trimona Yogurt, Port Jefferson; Tumblerock Media, Rochester; Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen; Wedding Gown Preservation, Endicott; Woodstock Arts Consortium, Woodstock; Woodstock Chamber of Commerce, Woodstock.
- National and international nonprofits: American Sail Training Association, Newport, RI; Corporation for National Community Service, Washington, DC; F the Freshman 15, New York, NY; HEADstrong Foundation, Holmes, PA; National Maritime Historical Society, Peekskill, NY; Shwe Shwe Poppis Project, Zola, South Africa.
- Regional, national, and international companies: CustomMade.com, Cambridge, MA; Dusty Rose Designs, San Francisco, CA; Faludi G Jewelry, Debrecen, Hungary; Planet Honda, Union, NJ; Pocketbook Agency, West Hollywood, CA; Rome Cavalieri Hilton, Rome, Italy; RoverTown.com, Carbondale, IL.