At IC, we define ‘first-generation’ as students (and their siblings) who are first in their family to attend and graduate from a four-year residential college in the United States. If this speaks to you or if you identify as a first-generation college student, feel free to join us for this program!
In this program, participants will:
- Develop awareness of what it means to be a first-generation student at Ithaca College.
- Learn all about the Ithaca College First Generation Center, along with the resources the Center provides.
- Create community within the first-generation student population and connect with upperclassmen.
- Connect with Ithaca College staff who identify themselves as first-generation.
- Explore and engage in local Ithaca activities
- Build resiliency and skills to successfully transition from High School students to an Ithaca Bomber!