If you are looking to get outside and see some of the beautiful sites around Ithaca with some amazing people, this is the program for you! We will be heading off campus to see hike in one of Ithaca’s most iconic local parks. You will be able to experience some of the beautiful local waterfalls, trails, wildlife, and connect with your fellow jumpstart students while we hike at Robert H. Treman State Park. Not only will you be able to hike the beautiful loop between Lucifer Falls and the Lower Falls, but you will be able to star the semester off right with some great time in nature and some tips on how to keep your stress levels down.
Get out and Live with IC!
Do you enjoy the outdoors? Do you like waterfalls? Do you want to know why everyone is wearing those green Ithaca is Gorges T-shirts? If you answered yes to any of these questions this program is for you!
- New students can participate in the Ithaca is Gorges program on Tuesday, August 17.
- The program runs from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- A pack lunch will be provided to eat on the trail.
- Participants will need to be able to hike four to five miles.
- COVID Precautions: Students will be required to follow the most up to date COVID protocols as required by IC and any community partners.
- There is no charge for this program. Transportation to the park via bus is provided.
- Students need to bring a water bottle, any life saving medications, PPE, clothing appropriate for the weather and a rain coat, small backpack to carry their gear and lunch.