Dear Ithaca College Community,
These first beautiful days of spring remind us that summer is just around the corner! The season provides new opportunities in Ithaca to enjoy the outdoors and one another’s company in ways not always possible in winter. If you live in the region year-round, you know already that few places in the world are more beautiful in summer than the Finger Lakes.
At Ithaca College, we are especially looking forward to summer this year because the campus will once again be alive with robust in-person programming. Continuing students and some incoming first-year students will have access to a spectrum of on-campus classroom, research and employment opportunities in addition to those available virtually. Middle and high school students from across the country will be able to participate both in on-campus camps and day clinics and in rich remote programming.
Here’s what’s in store this summer at IC:
- Return of our required, hands-on summer academic programming for degree-seeking students in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Business, Education, Music and Image Text.
- Availability of nearly 100 courses for continuing undergraduate students to use their Free Summer Credits, including both Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) courses and popular and experimental courses not often available to students outside designated majors. Over 2,900 students are still eligible, and several hundred seats remain open, so make sure to register!
- Access to research labs for students who have been named as Summer Scholars and Fellows.
- Experiences for select incoming first-year students on campus through the HEOP Summer Institute and for all incoming first-year and transfer students virtually through the Ithaca Summer Seminars.
- A wide range of sports and recreational camps and clinics, so important to the growth of our Ithaca College community and to the region at large.
- Re-opening of our admissions tours to showcase our beautiful campus to prospective students and families.
- Select student employment and peer leadership opportunities — both on-campus and remote.
Detailed information about summer housing is coming soon. Information and updates about summer programming is available at Ithaca.edu/summer. Although residential housing is limited, we anticipate the ability to welcome continuing undergraduates to stay on campus for in-person summer sessions courses and Ithaca-area internships.
Please be aware that all of our on-campus activities will balance operations with public health measures important to minimizing the spread of COVID-19. While vaccination rates continue to increase, we are still in the process of finalizing the details for summer given that New York State and national public health guidelines may change. However, campus access will likely continue to require both initial and surveillance testing, and isolation/quarantine if a positive case is identified or an unvaccinated individual is exposed to a positive case. Fees associated with these services will be waived for IC students participating in required on-campus experiences.
More information is available on our Return to Campus website, which will continue to be updated throughout the spring as conditions change.
La Jerne Terry Cornish
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Vice President for Student Affairs and Campus Life
Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment Strategy