Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (C-STEM)*
The mission of CSTEP and C-STEM are to support historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged groups from New York State who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, engineering, technology, and health-related STEM fields. CSTEP and C-STEM provides professional development opportunities and many types of support services to participants, allowing for greater academic success at Ithaca College. CSTEP is co-sponsored by the New York State Education Department, Office of Postsecondary Access, Support & Success - Collegiate Development Programs Unit.
- New York State resident;
- Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, or Alaskan Native OR economically disadvantaged * from any race:
- Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
- American Indian and Alaska Native. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.
- Hispanics or Latinos are those people whose origins are from Spain, the Spanish-speaking countries of Central or South America, or the Dominican Republic. People who identify their origin as Spanish, Hispanic, or Latino may be of any race.
- Full-time student; AND
- Enrolled in a major that leads to NYS professional licensure , national credential, certification, or careers in mathematics, science, technology and health-related fields. Examples:
· Allied Health Careers
· Athletic Training
· Architectural Studies
· Computer Science
· Computer Information Systems
· Math/Science Education
· Occupational Therapy
· Occupational Therapy Assistants
· Physical Therapy Assistants
· Social Work
· Speech-Language Pathology
Click Here for a list of all majors/programs
*C-STEM is the CSTEP affiliate program for NYS residents.
CSTEP and C-STEM are opportunity programs which provide access to STEM fields/careers. They provide academic support services. CSTEP and C-STEM are NOT diversity programs.
Financial support for KAPLAN courses, internship and research opportunities, and other financial assistance
Student recognition reception
Supplemental academic consultation
Laptop/Notebook Lending Program
Faculty connections for mentoring, internship, and research opportunities
Collaborative programming with Office of Admission, Career Services, Higher Education Opportunity Program, Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs , Student Accessibility Services , Academic Advising , and Tutoring Services
Increase motivation, enhance self-esteem, and foster student empowerment
Student Leadership Retreats
Multicultural/ALANA Career Connections
CSTEP Day of Service (local, state, or national program)
CSTEP Academic Achievement Awards and Senior Celebration
2017 Student Advocacy Day/Lobby Day in Albany, NY
Check out: Back to School Budgeting
*For questions regarding an application, economic eligibility, review Income Eligibility Criteria or call 607-274-1267 or email the CSTEP Programs Coordinator.
NOTE: Enrollment applications for 2016-17 are here.