TIMING & FUNDING STATUS
We strongly suggest submitting this application and all support documents more than 30 days before you need the funding in hand.
Please do not make inquiries to OAOA staff regarding your Funding Application status as you will receive an email response/decision
Amounts and funding limits vary and are subject to change due to budget limitations and event duration; stipends may be subject to state and federal taxes.
Credit-bearing opportunities receive budgetary priority.
Requests will likely be delayed during the following times:
- Student breaks or holidays observed by Ithaca College for 2020-2021
- November, May/June
FUNDING IS NOT GUARANTEED. ALWAYS SEEK ALL POSSIBLE SOURCES OF FUNDING. IT IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED THAT YOU DO NOT PURCHASE ITEMS BEFORE OBTAINING APPROVAL.
For assistance, please speak with an OAOA peer mentor or counselor.
Funding Application Process
- Student determines potential need for completing a funding request and schedules a meeting with an OAOA staff member to discuss.
- Student submits Funding Application and any necessary supporting documents on IC Engage (you will receive an email indicating that the form has been submitted). OAOA reserves the right to request additional supporting documents at any time in the review stage.
- When all supporting documents have been submitted, the application will be reviewed by the OAOA staff and director for a decision.
- NOTE: The Director may have administrative and time-sensitive priorities that affect a review and approval during the 25-30 days. Approval is not guaranteed and subject to the application completion status, submission time, specific budgetary guidelines, and funds availability.
- When the Director has made the funding decision, the student will receive an email from IC Engage indicating the details of the decision and any instruction.
- Supporting financial documents - any amount listed on the budget section of the application should be supported by documents showing the cost (e.g. if you list airfare of $800.00, you would need to attach a screenshot from an airline website showing that it would cost $800.00 for your ticket).
- Site Supervisor Form - located in the "Supporting Documents" section above, the form should be completed by the person who will be overseeing your work on a daily basis (research, internship, etc.). Should list the start and end dates, hours worked, and give a brief description of your duties.
- Dept Chair, Faculty or Advisor Support - either a letter written on letterhead or an email directly from the person. Should indicate that they support you in your experience (study abroad, conference, etc), explain how it relates to your major and/or career interests, and if any credits will be earned.
- Program Confirmation - an email or letter from the organization or professor clearly stating that you have been accepted into the program (study abroad, internship, etc.)
- Request SFS (Financial Aid and Cost) Breakdown - please meet with Barbie Bargher to go over your finances, aid, and to help plan for the costs of your experience. She will send a breakdown via email to our office following your meeting.