In an effort to honor the practices of different students around their religious practice or belief, Ithaca College offers several options for students. Below are a few examples:
- Shabbat friendly keys
- Kosher/Halal fridge accommodation
- Semi-private bathroom based on religious practice or belief
- Single-gender floor or apartments
For students seeking spaces to observe their religious practice or belief in a community context or privately, please note there are options to do so outside of your Residence Hall room. To inquire about other spaces please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A student’s submitted accommodation request should include relevant information:
- a description of the accommodation you are requesting;
- the reason you need an accommodation; and
- how will an accommodation help resolve a conflict between your religious practices or beliefs and an institutional policy, procedure, structural barriers, or other requirement?
Once a request for an accommodation is submitted, the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life in coordination with either the Office Residential Life or Dining Services will initiate an interactive process to determine if the request can be accommodated. All students submitting a religious accommodation request must also meet with the Director of Religious and Spiritual Life.
Reasonable religious accommodation decisions will be made on a case ‐by ‐case basis, considering factors including, but not limited to: nature of the accommodation requested; duration of the accommodation request; alternative accommodations available; financial impact for the student and the College; academic impact on the student and on the class; and other related factors. The Office of Residential Life or Dining Services will inform the student once a determination has been made.