Fall 2017 Job and Internship Fair
NEW!! Download The Fairs app for all the information you need!
Apple (http://apple.co/2wRqPiq), Android (http://bit.ly/2eQF5xe)
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: Emerson Suites
During the fair, you can:
- Explore internship and job opportunities
- Network with employers, peers, and staff
- Gain valuable insight into various career options
Over 50 Employers will be attending - check them out on Handshake or The Fairs app!
Wondering how to make the most of this event? Below are tips from the recruiters who will be attending:
- Don’t be shy. Bring plenty of resumes.
- You should know what you're looking for... have an idea of what you want (field, hours, schedule, etc), so we can present you with the opportunities that best fit your needs.
- Bring resumes to turn in.
- Make sure to research companies before the fair and arrive with an updated resume.
- Please bring an updated resume to career fair!
- Come with questions!
- If you know there are certain companies you are interested in that are attending, visit their website beforehand so you can use the time at the career fair to gain additional information that can't be found on their website.
- Internships are key!
- Bring a resume and dress professionally.
- Research the jobs in advance and be prepared to ask questions.
- Know which companies you would be interested in talking to ahead of time and always have enough resumes to go around.
- The more professionally you are dressed, the more seriously you will be taken.
- The Navy provides numerous different forms of Financial Aid for students interested in pursuing a career in the Navy after college. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Know what kind of work you are looking for, Part Time or Full Time? Seasonal?
- If you know what you are looking for, don't be afraid to speak up, if you don't know what you are looking for, don't be afraid to approach a variety of tables.
- Dress for success.
- Come to the career fair with a willingness to learn and show curiosity through questions.
- Bring lots of resumes and dress business professional!
- Come prepared, research the companies you are interested in, dress sharp, and come with thought provoking questions.
- Bring an updated resume.
- Have company-specific questions in mind. Determine how you can provide value to the companies.
- Dress well for a career fair, it could be the start of a new adventure.
- Research companies you are interested in speaking to.
- Come prepared!
- Your handshake is your first impression, make sure it's strong (but not too strong)!
- It's helpful to have a Resume on hand.
- Be creative in your job choices throughout your career
- Research employers before attending the career fair
- Come prepared with an up to date resume with all relevant information!
To get your resume in great shape, bring it to a drop-in at Career Services
Dress is Business Professional
If you have business cards, bring them. Definitely make sure to bring copies of your resume!