Ithaca College students and alumni network during this annual series of events held during winter and spring break. Network Nights are informal gatherings that provide a wonderful opportunity for students to discuss career issues and the current job market with IC alumni currently working in a variety of fields. This series of networking events is open to Ithaca students studying in any major, and all class years.
At Network Nights, students and alumni will mingle, with alumni hosts and staff helping attendees to make connections with each other. Light refreshments will be provided. We encourage students and alumni to meet as many people as possible. One of the best strategies to keep in mind when networking is that anyone may prove to be a valuable connection for you, so don't limit yourself by only seeking alumni in your desired field. Several of the events will also feature an alumni panel presentation, titled "The Power of Networking: Developing a Mentoring Relationship That's Right for You."
Attendance is free for students and transportation is not provided for these events.
Upcoming Network Nights 2014:
Los Angeles, CA-Tuesday, March 11
To view the list of all currently registered alumni for all events, please click here.
A few tips to help you make your Network Night experience a success:
- Dress professionally, wear comfortable shoes and bring breath mints
- Eat a light meal before attending so you can focus more on networking and less on the refreshments
- Bring business cards so you can swap cards with alumni
- You can bring a few resumes with you, in case, during the course of conversation, you are asked to share yours
- After the event is over: follow-up with those you met and begin developing that networking relationship
Network Nights are sponsored by the Offices of Alumni Relations and Career Services.