What is a Co-Curricular Transcript?
The Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) is a comprehensive record of your participation and achievements in campus life experiences outside of the classroom while enrolled at Ithaca College. These activities help you achieve excellence in your chosen field and can demonstrate how you have learned to share the responsibilities of citizenship and service in the global community. When coupled with your academic transcript, a holistic representation of your total education, both inside and outside of the classroom, will be created.
The Ithaca College CCT includes a record of your participation in:
- Study Abroad programs
- Athletics and Recreational Sports
- Student Organizations
- Non-credit Internships
- Field Experiences (i.e. observations and clinics for HSHP)
- Music and Theatre productions, performances or ensembles
- Community Service (activities organized through IC departments or organizations)
- Honor Societies
- Scholarship Programs
- Leadership Development Workshops
- Campus Employment
- Not-for-credit Undergraduate Research
- Residential Learning Communities
Why should I have a Co-Curricular Transcript?
- You are going to do so many great things at Ithaca College and the CCT provides a way for you to keep track of all of your activities, involvement, and accomplishments.
- When you get ready to create your resume or prepare for interviews, the CCT will help you remember what you have done during your time at Ithaca College, so that you can have the most accurate information ready to share.
- You will have a comprehensive record of your participation in college events and organizations that you can share with employers or graduate programs that request it.
- Certain award, scholarship, and competitive leadership or exchange programs will be requesting an official Co-Curricular Transcript when you apply.
- When you ask a faculty or staff member to write a letter of recommendation for you, you should send that person a copy of your CCT to showcase your involvement at Ithaca College, which will help your recommender to personalize your letter.
- For more information on how to use your CCT, check out this document prepared by IC Career Services.
When should I start working on my Co-Curricular Transcript?
During your first semester on campus you can log in to OrgSync and join all of the organizations that you are active in and sign up for events. Every time you are involved in a new co-curricular experience, be sure that you record it on OrgSync, and your transcript will always stay up-to-date!Please note that this transcript will only include your participation in organizations and events at Ithaca College. Activities from high school or other colleges/universities will not be on this transcript, but you may choose to include those on your resume.
How do I get my Co-Curricular Transcript?
- Log in to OrgSync with your IC username and password.
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen; a menu will pop in from the right, and you can click on “Involvement.”
- This will take you to a complete list of your events and involvement. You can adjust which pieces you want to appear on your CCT by clicking on the editing tool for each entry and selecting “record” or “none.”
- Once you have selected the items you wish to appear on your
CCT, click on “Reports” to preview your Co-Curricular
Record, print an unofficial CCT, or request an
- If you request an official transcript, the OSEMA staff will need approximately 3 business days to approve your request and send you an e-copy of your official CCT. You will receive notification via your Ithaca College email when your transcript is ready.