Lost and Found Property
The Ithaca College Office of Public Safety & Emergency Management serves as the official Lost-and-Found repository for the College.
Most Recent Found Property
- This table only contains property most recently turned in. Please fill out Lost Property Form for items you may have lost before dates listed.
- To identify and/or claim items in table below, please stop by the Office of Public Safety or call (607) 274-3333.
(last updated: 3/2/2017)
Helpful Hints with Lost & Found Property
1. Retrace your steps. Many buildings and classrooms have their own forms of lost & founds, whether it is a bin at the main desk, a bin at the front of a room, or a bin out in the open (i.e. 2nd floor of Williams), so make sure to go back and check.
2. Let us know. If you have misplaced anything, call us or fill out the Lost Property form. Numerous items go unclaimed every semester, and we commonly receive keys and wallets. Contact us and we can help you in your search.
3. We need as much info as you can provide. When emailing or calling in, we need to know your first name, last name, email address, and phone number, along with the best description you can come up with of your lost item. The more details you provide, the more likely we will be able to reunite you with your lost property.
4. Did you find something, but are unsure what you should do with it? All found property must be brought to the Office of Public Safety and we will take it from there. If you think someone might come back for an item, leave a note for the owner to let them know that their item is safe at OPS.
If you've lost something, please fill out this form.
Other Lost & Found Locations on Campus
All unofficial lost and found collection spots on-campus may receive found property, but are then required to contact Public Safety (607-274-3333) as soon as possible to make arrangements for the item(s) to be picked up or delivered to their office.
The New York Personal Property Law § 252 requires that all found items with a value over $20.00 be turned in to the Office of Public Safety within ten days of finding the item. However, we encourage any item, regardless of perceived value, be turned in to our office as soon as possible.