COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students attending classes at Cornell for the fall 2021 semester. Students who plan to enroll via the IC-CU Exchange program will be provided instructions for how to upload proof of vaccination to the Cornell system upon enrollment. In addition, completion of a COVID-19 checklist will be required. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you should have any questions.
Fall 2021 and COVID-19
- Must be enrolled full-time (at least 12-credit hours) at Ithaca College
- Must satisfy Cornell University's COVID-19 requirements above
- Must have no holds on your account
- Must complete the steps listed below
Ithaca College students should follow these steps to complete their registration at Cornell:
- Complete IC's IC-CU Exchange Petition. Requests for approval will be automatically routed to your faculty advisor and dean's office based on your entries. If approved, you will receive a notification via email from firstname.lastname@example.org that will include a PDF approval form.
- Submit the PDF approval form to Cornell's School of Continuing Education, email@example.com once IC's registration period has ended, so that full-time eligibility can be verified.
- Be sure to read through the information presented on the Cornell University website about Local Exchange Student Policies.
- Go to Visiting Students/General Registrants page on the Cornell Website and follow the registration steps. IMPORTANT: You may skip the payment instructions under Step 4.
- Ithaca College undergraduate students whose Cornell enrollment puts them beyond 18 credits (between Ithaca College and Cornell University combined) must complete a form to exceed 18 credits. These students will be charged IC tuition for any credits over 18, on a per credit hour basis.
- At the end of the semester, once Cornell grades have been posted, please submit a request to have an electronic version of your Cornell transcript sent to the Ithaca College Registrar's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). After the Registrar's Office receives your transcript, it may take several days for processing and for coursework to appear on HomerConnect.
Attention IC Seniors
Graduating Ithaca College seniors enrolled in a course at Cornell during their final semester will not receive their official degree until the Cornell transcript is received and the grade posted.
If the credits are required for degree completion, participation in the exchange program may result in a later graduation date. Consult the Registrar of the Cornell College sponsoring your exchange course for when transcripts will be available and IC's Registrar's Office for graduation deadlines.
How to Find Courses at Cornell University
1. Review the upcoming semester's course roster online at Cornell's Office of the Registrar. (Be sure the correct semester is selected in the top right.)
2. Browse by subject or search for a specific topic or course. (Note: Course fees are not covered by the IC-CU Exchange Program.)
3. Contact Cornell's School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions with questions about course capacity or their Registration process. There is way to know whether a course at Cornell has space available.
4. To ask the instructor question(s) about course content or prerequisites, search Cornell's Directory for contact information on the instructor reported on the roster, and try reaching out to the instructor to ask questions as needed.