Information Technology provides a variety of opportunities for IC students to gain professional work experience while attending Ithaca College. There are approximately 100 student staff working in 16 different areas each semester within IT. IT is committed to providing professional work experience, excellent supervision, and an overall pleasant work environment.
To become a member of the student team (S-Team), students must be able to work for two or more semesters in IT. In many positions priority is given to those who can work longer. Student staff are also expected to work a minimum of six hours per week, but average at eight hours in most positions. If hired, employees must attend a mandatory new hire training before the semester begins and returner training each semester thereafter. If you cannot attend training, we encourage you to apply at another time when you can attend.
IT begins recruiting students half way through each semester for the following semester. Not all positions are available every semester, but current openings are posted to the Job Openings section of this site. A complete list of job descriptions can be found in the job description brochure and under the individual sections on this site.
There are a variety of positions within IT that fit different skill sets and interests. Although some positions are more technical than others, students do not need to be Computer Science majors to apply. IT looks for applicants who are interested in learning, working with people, and who value technology.
- Learn new skills every day
- Excellent professional development experience
- Flexible hours & opportunities to work breaks
- Fun events (summer picnic, ice cream social)
- Professional opportunities (Ed Tech Day, workshops)
- Build professional relationships with colleagues and full time staff members
- Leadership opportunities (Student Managers and Coordinators)
- We look for students from all majors