Sakai upgraded is August, 14, 2017.
Sakai is a robust Collaboration and Learning Environment (CLE) used by millions of users at hundreds of colleges, universities, and schools to enhance teaching, learning, research and team work. Sakai was built by a consortium of higher education research institutions to meet the collaboration needs of students, on-line learners, faculty and staff.
Tools for Teaching and Learning
- Announcements: Post current, time-critical information to a site.
- Syllabus: Post a summary outline of course requirements.
- Lesson Builder: Create and publish online learning sequences.
- Assignments: Create and grade online or offline assignments.
- Drop Box: Share files privately with site participants.
- Gradebook: Calculate, store and distribute grade information to students.
- Tests & Quizzes: Create and manage online assessments
- iTunes U: Connect to resources hosted in Ithaca College's iTunesU.
Tools for Research and Projects
- Resources: Post, store and organize material related to the site. Share multiple files at once with site members, groups, or the world.
- Email Archive: Access an archive of email sent to participants.
- Wiki: Create and edit web content collaboratively.
- Blog: Provides blogging capability for your class.
- Calendar: Maintain deadlines, activities and site related events.
- Chat: Engage in real-time conversations with site participants.
- Discussion Forum: Create, moderate and manage discussion topics and groups within a course and send private messages to site participants.
- Web Pages: Display external web pages or create web pages in Sakai and share them with the world..
- News: Display custom news content from dynamic, online sources via RSS.