The Choral Composition Contest
39th Annual Choral Composition Contest
The Robert Campbell ’40, M.S. ’50, Endowed Choral Composition Prize will be awarded to the first place winner in the annual Choral Composition Festival.
Sponsored by Ithaca College School of Music and Mark Foster Publishing (a division of Hal Leonard).
Postmark Deadline: August 25, 2017 - The Deadline Has Now Passed
- Mixed choir (SATB)
- Unaccompanied, or keyboard accompaniment
- Three to five minutes' duration
- Unpublished works only
- Rights to text must be cleared, and evidence of copyright holder's permission must be shown
- Secular or sacred, and suitable for public high school
- Open to all composers*
* Prior winners of this contest may enter only after five years. Ithaca College faculty, staff, and students are not eligible
- First -- $1200
- Second -- $700
- Winners will be announced at the November 11, 2017 concert.
- Finalists are required to be present at the performance of their work. Ithaca College will reimburse travel expenses up to a maximum of $300; lodging and food are the responsibility of the finalists
- Six scores will be selected for performance by high school choirs on November 11, 2017 at Ithaca College
- Finalists will be announced at ithaca.edu/music/ensembles/choir/choralcompfest by September 30, 2017
- Scores will be reviewed for possible publication by Mark Foster Publishing (a division of Hal Leonard).
- At the November 11, 2017 concert, the Ithaca College Choir will premiere a commissioned choral work
Submission and Return Guidelines
- Entry fee of $25 per score. Make checks payable to Ithaca College
- Include your name, address, phone number(s), social security number, and e-mail in a sealed envelope
- Names must not appear on the score
- Size of manuscript must not exceed 8 1/2" by 14"
- No scores will be returned unless a self-addressed mailer and postage are provided
- Mail entry to:
Janet Galván, Director of Choral Activities
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000