Information for Students
DANA Student Internship Program
Ithaca College faculty, staff, and students interested
in the DANA Student Internship Program are invited to submit
applications for Summer 2020 or the 2020-2021 Academic
To be considered for the 2020-2021 program, please follow the application process listed below.
1. If you are a School of H&S student please use the following link to access the application:
All others, please fill out the following application: Dana Internship Student Application 2020-2021.*
- Letters of Recommendation are not needed.
2. Students must file an up-to-date FAFSA form
to qualify. (Recipients must be eligible to receive the financial
aid award. Students can be pre-screened for financial aid
eligibility by contacting Student Financial Services.)
1. If you are a School of H&S faculty please use the following link to access the application:
All others, please fill out a Dana Internship Faculty/Supervisor Application 2020-2021.*
2. If you have a particular student in mind for your project, please have the student follow the above-mentioned student application process.
About the Program
Over one thousand students have been served in projects during the 15+ year history of the Dana Student Internship Program. The program is designed to provide educationally valuable work experiences for those students currently receiving need-based financial aid from Ithaca College. Awards are highly competitive and are generally limited to current freshman, sophomore, and junior students with a 3.0 GPA or above. These students may be awarded Dana Internships in addition to other forms of financial aid. To comply with INS regulations, international students who apply for an off-campus Dana Student Internship during the summer must enroll for credit and demonstrate that the credit fulfills a curricular requirement for their degree.
- Summer Dana Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week for the 10 week internship period. (Internships may be any time after the spring semester has ended but before the fall semester has begun.) Interns will be paid employment compensation in addition to a $1,800 scholarship that will be applied to Fall semester charges.
- Academic year Dana Interns are expected to work 10 hours per week for the 30 week internship period. Interns will be paid employment compensation in addition to a $1,200/year scholarship.
▪ Educational value of the experience
▪ A plan for active mentoring by the supervisor
▪ The variety and range of student learning (e.g. Is the student learning about a large issue or a complex organization, as well as about his or her own assignment?)
▪ Availability of situations in which the student can ‘own’ part of the work, taking personal credit for some product or reflecting through further study the nature of the discipline involved
Projects must involve a learning/research/work activity that will be supervised by you and are important to you, the student, and Ithaca College.
Student Eligibility Requirement
Students wishing to apply MUST file a FAFSA for the academic year 2020-2021. Students can be pre-screened for financial aid eligibility by contacting Barbie Bargher, Assistant Director for Student Financial Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 274-3131.
*If you need to reset your application, please clear all Qualtrics cookies from your web browser.