APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019.
Summer College resident assistants work for the Summer College for High School Students under the Office of International Programs and Extended Studies at Ithaca College. Up to six positions are available for summer 2019.
Resident assistants (RA) will live in the residence halls with high school students staying at IC for a residential program designed to give them a sense of college life. Summer College RAs will be involved with welcoming students to campus, designing and executing social and educational programs and activities, and enforcing policies and procedures to support the safety and well-being of Summer College students.
The period of employment is from Monday, June 17, 2019 through Saturday, July 20, 2019. This is an exempt, salaried position paid at the rate of $780/week. On-campus housing is required and provided for these positions during the period of employment. Meals are not included. Resident assistant must be current Ithaca College students, continuing in fall 2019, and must have a strong academic record.
The Office of Extended Studies is accepting applications starting now and continuing until all positions are filled. Candidates will be contacted for interviews at the start of the spring semester.
Send a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and two
professional references (name, title, phone, email) to:
Your cover letter should include the following:
- Your current campus activities (non-employment)
- Why you want to work as a summer college resident assistant
- The characteristics do you possess that qualify you for this position
- Any summer commitments that might conflict with this position, and when, or a statement that you have no conflicting summer plans
- Any additional information about yourself that may be helpful to the selection committee, for example list any special skills or talents you have
OR Complete the application below, and send an unofficial transcript to email@example.com: