Summer College Resident Assistant Positions


Summer College resident assistants work for the Summer College for High School Students under the Office of International Programs and Extended Studies at Ithaca College. Up to eight positions are available for summer 2018.

Resident assistants will live in the residence hall with summer college students and provide daily supervision of the residence hall environment. Resident assistants will be involved with overall program preparations; student check-in and orientation; social and educational programs and activities; enforcing policies and procedures; and check-out of students at the conclusion of the program. Resident assistants will be required to work most weekends and evenings during the Summer College for High School Students program.

The period of employment is from Sunday, June 17, 2018 through Saturday, July 21, 2018. The rate of pay of $10.40 per hour, for responsibilities equivalent to 37.5 hours per week. On-campus housing and a full meal plan are provided with these positions during the period of employment. Resident assistant must be current Ithaca College students, continuing in fall 2018, and must have a strong academic record.

The Office of Extended Studies is accepting applications starting now and continuing until all positions are filled. Candidates will be contacted for interviews at the start of the spring semester.


Send a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and two professional references (name, title, phone, email) to:

Your cover letter should include the following:

  • Your current campus activities (non-employment)
  • Why you want to work as a summer college resident assistant
  • The characteristics do you possess that qualify you for this position
  • Any summer commitments that might conflict with this position, and when, or a statement that you have no conflicting summer plans
  • Any additional information about yourself that may be helpful to the selection committee, for example list any special skills or talents you have

OR Complete the application below, and send an unofficial transcript to