Three Week Courses At A Glance
Televison Studio Production
An introduction to television studio production techniques, including camera operation, lighting, scripting, media aesthetics, and logistics, this class helps students develop their creative and technical skills through a combination of production exercises, projects, readings, and critiques.
Students will have the opportunity to shoot audio and video in a studio environment.
IC professor and alum ('76) Gossa Tsegaye, an assistant professor in the Department of Television and Radio at Ithaca College introduces summer college students to the craft of digital media production in this three-week course.
Ithaca College has an established and widely recognized Communications program. Over 50 years ago, IC was the first college in the world with a TV channel -- ICTV. The Roy Park School of Communications offers students numerous media outlets, many of which have received, year after year, national awards for excellence:
- Student-operated radio stations, WICB on the FM dial and VIC 106 on Internet and FM cable radio
- An award-winning student weekly newspaper, The Ithacan
- Park Productions, a professional video and film production unit
- Park Design House, a professional graphic design unit
- A student-run monthly alternative news/media magazine, Buzzsaw
Introduction to Television Studio Production, 4 credits.