Business | Application requirements
- Entertainment and Media Management (M.B.A.)
- Ithaca College’s innovative, AACSB accredited Master of Business Administration degree program builds upon the strengths of the School of Business while also leveraging both its industry leading communications school and its legacy as a premier institution for the study of music. In less than a year, you can earn an MBA in Entertainment and Media Management—providing you with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage, develop, and distribute creative content. Through required business courses and immersive experiential learning component, you will engage with the full spectrum of operational decisions involved in running media and entertainment businesses.
- Accounting (M.S.)
- This AACSB-accredited, nine-month program provides advanced training in the theory and application of financial reporting, taxation, auditing, and contemporary accounting practices. The program is registered with the New York State Education Department, enabling graduates to meet the educational requirements necessary to be licensed as a certified public accountant (CPA) in New York State. It also addresses the 150-hour requirements in many of the other states, Washington, D.C., Guam, and Puerto Rico. Graduates are ready for positions in accounting firms for tax, assurance, consulting, finance, or management.
Education | Application requirements
- Adolescence Education (M.A.T.)
- Obtain initial certification for middle school and high school teaching, grades 7–12, in English, social studies, world languages (French and Spanish), mathematics, and sciences (biology, chemistry, earth science, and physics) by completing this 13-month program and passing the required teacher certification examinations for New York State. We also offer the Robert Noyce Teaching Scholarship, which provides $15,000 scholarships toward the cost of attendance to address the critical need for K–12 teachers in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- Agriculture Education (M.A.T.)
- The 13-month M.A.T. in Agriculture Education graduate program is registered with and approved by the New York State Department of Education (NYSED) as a program to prepare prospective teachers for initial teaching certification in the state. Students who successfully complete this registered program and who pass the state certification examinations are eligible to apply for initial teaching certification in agriculture education (grades K-12) in New York State.
- Childhood Education (M.S.)
- Liberal arts and sciences graduates may apply for New York State initial teacher certification in elementary teaching (grades 1–6), following successful completion of this 13-month graduate program and the required state certification examinations.
Exercise and Sport Sciences | Application requirements
- Exercise and Sport Sciences (M.S.)
- Choose a concentration in human performance or mental performance. Unique to the human performance program is the multi-disciplinary aspect (biomechanics, exercise physiology, motor behavior, and sport psychology) with integrated hands on learning opportunities. Unique to the mental performance program is the ability to select a track preparing you for Certified Mental Performance Consulting or enhancing your skills in Leadership, Team Building, and Motivation. Thesis (24 month) and non-thesis (16 month) tracks are available depending upon your career interests.
Music | Application requirements
- Music Education (M.M., M.S.)
- Broaden your knowledge of contemporary trends in music education and refine your teaching skills through research, reflection, and interaction with leaders in the field. Receive one-on-one faculty mentoring, and work with some of the top music professors in the world. The master’s degree in music education leads to permanent certification in New York State and in all other states that accept this certification. The capstone experience includes a teaching demonstration and submission of a process portfolio created during your coursework. The degree can be completed in three summers.
Occupational Therapy | Application requirements
- Occupational Therapy, Professional-Entry Level (M.S.)
- Designed for individuals who have earned a bachelor’s degree in another area of study or at another accredited institution, this 24-month program includes coursework on campus and clinical fieldwork placements across the country. Prepare to be a competent, skilled, and ethical professional occupational therapist who will enable your clients to achieve productive and satisfying lives.
Physician Assistant Studies | Application requirements
- Physician Assistant Studies (M.S.)
- Prepare to be a Physician Assistant, a medical professional who diagnoses illness, develops and manages treatment plans, prescribes medications, and serves as a patient's principal health care provider in collaboration with a physician. This 27-month, full- time program includes coursework on campus, at our downtown Ithaca (NY) location, and at clinical sites.
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology | Application requirements
- Speech-Language Pathology (M.S.)
- Speech-language pathologists support the communication and swallowing needs of both children and adults. In two years of full-time study, your academic and clinical experiences prepare you for career success.
- Speech-Language Pathology with Teacher Certification (M.S.)
- Maximize your career opportunities by completing requirements for teacher certification to work in the schools in New York State. This full-time two-year degree features clinical experiences with diverse populations, including a full-time externship in a school.