- Intensive, 13-month program (late May through late June of the following year) approved by and registered with the New York State Education Department. Begin the graduate program one summer and be fully eligible for graduation, initial certification, and a teaching position by the following summer.
- Access to graduate assistantships and scholarships to offset the cost of attendance.
- Pursue your studies in small class sizes, which allow for academic, research, and community-based collaborations among faculty and students.
- Participate in field experiences in multiple, diverse sites, including our partnership school, Washington Heights Academy.
- Complete a teacher inquiry project prior to graduation.
- Graduate prepared to pass the edTPA and be ready to teach - our students have a 96% pass rate on edTPA (the new teacher performance assessment required for certification in New York).
- Take advantage of certification reciprocity agreements with more than 30 other states and jurisdictions.
- Be employed, likely prior to graduation. Our graduates teach in rural, urban, and suburban school districts in New York, surrounding states, and around the country (for instance, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, North Carolina, and Virginia).
Focus on Early Childhood Education
In just 13 months, prepare for a lifelong career in teaching elementary school children by completing your master's degree and graduating eligible for initial New York State certification for grades 1-6. The Ithaca College master of science (M.S.) in childhood education is an intensive 38-credit program, that allows for academic, research, and community-based collaborations among faculty and students.
Join a cohort of approximately 15 students to begin the program in late May and continue through late June of the following year. Study includes core courses in educational theory, elementary curriculum, and instruction. Hands-on field experiences in varied school and community settings begin from your first summer in the program.
Highlights of our Master of Science (M.S.) in Childhood Education Graduate Program
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ITHACA COLLEGE M.S. GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM
Ready to Apply?
We encourage early application! More information on the application process is available when you:
Dr. Peter Martin
Chair, Graduate Programs in Education