“Let’s Talk” is a drop-in service that offers informal, confidential consultations with a CAPS counselor at various locations around campus.
Let’s Talk is informal and not intended to be a substitute for formal counseling and doesn’t constitute mental health treatment. However, counselors can listen to specific problems, help explore solutions, and introduce you to what it’s like to speak to a member of our staff. Speaking with a Let’s Talk counselor can help provide insight, support, and information about other resources. Let’s Talk at Ithaca College is based on the Let’s Talk Program at Cornell University.
- No appointment is necessary, so you can drop in during the times identified in the schedule
- FREE for ALL Ithaca College Students
- Offered first-come, first-served (no appointment necessary)
Let’s Talk is the best fit for the following people:
- Students who are not sure about counseling and wonder what it’s like to talk with a counselor.
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor.
- Students who have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through.
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want some ideas about what to do.
No topic is off limits. Common concerns include:
- academic performance
- family problems
- financial struggles
Still have questions? Please read our FAQ on Let's Talk by clicking the document below.
In addition, Let’s Talk is available to faculty and staff if the consultation is in regards to a student they are concerned about.
If you have any questions about Let’s Talk, please email Ron Dow (counselor at CAPS) at firstname.lastname@example.org