- The Office of Residential Life will provide a pillow, blanket, and sheets, but students often bring their own or buy new linen once in Ithaca.
- If you wear prescription glasses or contact lenses, consider bringing an extra pair as well as your prescription.
- Medical supplies: aspirin, first aid for cuts, prescriptions for any medication you take regularly
- Personal toiletries: soap, shampoo, etc.
- Alarm clock
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Towels and washcloths
- Pens and pencils
Packing List & Travel Tips
The following is a list of items you will either want to bring with you, or purchase shortly after you arrive in the U.S.
Suggested Packing List
- Put a basic change of clothes, toiletries, and any medicine you must to take regularly in your carry-on luggage, so that you can use these in case your checked luggage is lost or delayed.
- The Office of International Program and Extended Studies offers a "Shopping Shuttle" during the few days, before classes begin. This will probably be your first opportunity to conveniently shop for those comfort items or any of the essentials that you may have forgotten to pack.