- The Office of Residential Life will provide a pillow, blanket, and sheets, but students often bring their own or buy new linen once in Ithaca.
- If you wear prescription glasses or contact lenses, consider bringing an extra pair as well as your prescription.
- Medical supplies: aspirin, first aid for cuts, prescriptions for any medication you take regularly
- Personal toiletries: soap, shampoo, etc.
- Alarm clock
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Towels and washcloths
- Pens and pencils
Packing List & Travel Tips
The following is a list of items you will either want to bring with you, or purchase shortly after you arrive in the U.S.
Suggested Packing List
- Put a basic change of clothes, toiletries, and any medicine you must to take regularly in your carry-on luggage, so that you can use these in case your checked luggage is lost or delayed.
- See this handout for more information about packing your carry on, luggage and other important information.