- All music majors are required to participate in at least one major ensemble every semester. Specific ensemble requirements vary by degree. (See the course catalog.)
- First year students are strongly discouraged from performing in more than one ensemble during a given semester.
- CONCERT ATTIRE: Students performing in School
of Music ensembles are expected to wear appropriate attire as
specified by the conductor of the ensemble.
Choir, Chorus, Madrigal Singers, and the Treble Chorale have two specific uniforms: A specific black dress that is ordered through the school (worn with black hose or leggings and black closed toe shoes, and a single strand of pearls) and a black traditional tuxedo with white tuxedo shirt, black bow tie, and black socks. Students may choose which of these two uniforms they prefer to wear.
Please click HERE to sign-up for your audition.
Please be sure to read all directions before signing-up for a time, and check your schedule carefully to ensure that there will be no conflicts. You can access the sign-ups for different ensembles by clicking the corresponding tab across the top.
Please also be aware that if you are doing an instrumental audition, there is an accompanying questionnaire that you must complete. The questionnaire can be found HERE.
- For information on Choral Auditions, please click
- For a list of pianists available for Choral Auditions, please click HERE.
- For information on Instrumental Jazz Ensemble Auditions, please click HERE.
- For information on Vocal Jazz Ensemble Auditions, please click HERE.
We are also seeking volunteers to serve as door monitors during the auditions. Door Monitors would be responsible for helping to maintain the flow of students during auditions. Your help is vital to ensemble auditions running smoothly. To find out more about being a Door Monitor, or to sign-up to volunteer, please click HERE.
If you are an ICNYC student, or will be away from campus during the scheduled audition times, please contact Kitty Whalen in the Music Office for instructions on how to audition.