Remote Resources

The Campus Center has printers available for any off-campus students. Student must wear a mask, bring their own laptop and participate in the weekly COVID-19 testing. 

We have an on campus food pantry which is open to off-campus students. The food pantry is open when the Campus Center is open (see hours). You must participate in weekly on campus COVID-19 testing to gain access to the food pantry. Off-campus students are also welcome to purchase a meal plan (learn more about Campus Dining). 

Advocacy Resources

This service helps to connect residents of Tompkins County to human services organizations.

(607) 273-7494 

This department enforces housing, building, and zoning codes in the City of Ithaca. They may be contacted regarding housing code issues, but recommend tenants first contact the building owner to remedy the problem. Owners in violation of housing codes are given a reasonable time to correct the violation. Outside the City of Ithaca, contact your village or town office regarding housing and building codes.

(607) 274-6508 

The Office of Human Rights assists persons who believe they have been discriminated against because of their race, color, sex, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital status, arrest record, or conviction record. The commission has jurisdiction over employment, credit, housing, public accommodations, and education. The service is free.

(607) 277-4080 

Legal Resources

This service is sponsored by the New York State Bar Association and assists people who want to hire a lawyer in New York State.

(800) 342-3661 

These services are available to residents of Tompkins County in need of legal advice on civil matters who cannot afford counsel.

(607) 273-3667 

Small claims court can be the place to go if you have been hurt financially. The amount of the claim cannot exceed $1,500. A lawyer is not required. The parties to the suit will be asked by the judge to try to reach an agreement. If unsuccessful, the parties will present their case to the judge. 

To file, you need the following information: 

  • Legal name and address of person(s) being sued. 

  • Amount being sought as actual damages.

  • Purpose for which the amount is owed. 

  • Evidence of attempts to settle the dispute (e.g., copy of a letter to defendant requesting payment or action by a specific deadline). 

Small Claims Court, Ithaca City Court 
118 East Clinton Street 
Ithaca, NY 14850 

(607) 273-2263