Thank you for your support of the ICC! Several documents are included below to assist you with preparing courses already designated within the ICC as well as submitting proposals to add designations.
ICC Perspective Designations for Majors
As approved in revisions to the ICC and reflected in the 2022-23 Catalog, majors/programs may elect to have their program satisfy one of the ICC Perspectives. The list below includes all of the programs that have been approved thus far.
Recommended Syllabus Language
Recommended ICC language can be found here.
For a complete list of student learning outcomes for the ICC, click here.
Proposing a Course for the ICC: Designation Process for AY 23-24
Below is an overview of the current process in place for approving ICC designations (Perspective, QL, Diversity, Writing Intensive, and Capstone). As always, the ICC Team (Chrystyna Dail, ICC Director, and Angela Gian-Cursio, Program Coordinator) is happy to assist faculty in completing the designation forms. In addition, the ICC Director is available to meet with departments or curriculum committees to answer questions and listen to recommendations for updating processes.
- Oversight: the designation process will be overseen by the ICC Director and newly formed ICC Curriculum and Assessments Committee (ICC-CAC). The process is tracked by the ICC Program Coordinator.
- Forms: Please use the form at the bottom of the page under the 'Faculty Resources' tab on the ICC website.
- CIM: Submit the PDF generated with your proposal as part of your proposal on CIM (CourseLeaf).
- Tracking: The ICC Program Coordinator will gather the documents and check for completeness, and then add the proposal to the ICC tracking spreadsheet for ICC designations.
- Review: The ICC Curriculum and Assessments Committee reviews proposals.
- Faculty should expect feedback on their proposal within 2 weeks.
- If there are objections/concerns, the ICC Director will consult with the proposer for revisions.
- Approval: Once approved by the ICC - CAC, the ICC Director grants approval in CIM. APC-C has final approval of any curriculum changes.
- The ICC Program Coordinator updates the tracking spreadsheet and sends approval email to proposers, cc’s others [APC-C, Dean’s office, chair]
ICC Designation Proposal and CIM Procedures
The link to the ICC Designation Application form for Themes & Perspectives, Diversity, Quantitative Literacy, and Writing Intensive courses is available below.
STEP 1: Complete the ICC Designation Application and save it as a pdf.
STEP 2: Once you have completed the ICC Designation Application, attach the pdf of your form to a CIM (CourseLeaf) course revision proposal. You may attach the pdf to the 'Supporting Documentation' section under 'Academic Impact.'
- Workflow Options in CIM:
- If you are requesting an ICC designation for an existing course in the catalog, then select the "ICC Designation Only" workflow option.
- If this is a new course proposal, please note in the 'Rationale' that there is an ICC designation request.
- If this is an edit to an existing course that only has an ICC change, select the ICC Attribute only workflow.
- If you are requesting multiple changes to an existing course, please review the guidelines in the workflow section of the CIM (CourseLeaf) proposal to determine the appropriate workflow, or reach out to the ICC Team for assistance.
Please Note: In the ICC Revision Proposal approved by the faculty in May 2021, Themes, while decoupled from Perspectives, continue being used for advisory purposes and are therefore required for proposals. Another assessment of the Themes is scheduled for 2026.