The LGBT Center is open for everyone. Homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism hurt people regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Challenging and confronting oppression is vital in a learning environment.Our resources and services include:
- an office staffed by a professional director, Luca Maurer, and a resource room staffed by trained student volunteers
- a resource room with a welcoming and supportive environment for LGBT people and their allies; books, videos, periodicals, and computer stations are also available for use.
- educational presentations and training workshops on a large variety of LGBT issues, including: LGBT 101, history, health care, reaching out to LGBT students and much more.
- referrals, resources, and information on LGBT issues and concerns
- campus-wide LGBT-themed education programs and social events including speakers, a film series, and Gaypril, LGBT Awareness month. (Most events are open to the larger community.)
- brochures and pamphlets that address issues and concerns of LGBT people, their families, and allies
- information for incoming students and their families