The Ithaca College Health Professions Advisory Committee (formerly known as the "Premedical Advisory Committee") helps students who are interested in pursuing a career in health care. The committee provides assistance in choosing courses needed to meet graduate school prerequisites, as well as advice on seeking internship and shadowing opportunities. Students planning a career in allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, dentistry, chiropractic medicine, veterinary medicine, optometry, physician assistant programs, advanced nursing programs, etc. should register with the committee. Students interested in a career in health care can major in a variety of fields while still completing the prerequisite courses for graduate programs.
The Health Professions Advisory Committee will also prepare a committee letter of recommendation for students applying to graduate programs in health care. Students need to submit a personal statement and resume prior to an interview with the committee. Interviews are held every spring and in the fall as needed.
Links to other relevant information: such as
- electronic applications
- AAMC for general information on allopathic medical schools
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Ithaca College School of Health Sciences and Human Performance
- summer opportunities
- post-baccalaureate programs
2017-18 Student Officers:
- President: Colette Piasecki-Masters, Biology ‘18
- Vice-President: Anna Tarren, Biochemistry ‘18
- Treasurer: Becca Difabio, Biochemistry ‘18
- Secretary: Brianna Hoody, Biochemistry ‘19
- Dental Chair: Zach Meunier, Biology ‘19
- You are welcome to join Ian Woods and your fellow classmates on Fridays, 12:30-1:30 pm, 1st floor lobby of CNS.