Welcome to Travel Services (West Tower, 14th Floor)
This site provides information regarding College related travel. Please direct any travel related questions to Travel Services at (607) 274-1480.
** A reader-friendly PDF version of the Travel Policy can be found on this page. The official version of the Travel Policy can be found in Section 2.23 of the Ithaca College Policy Manual.**
Overview of the travel process for Faculty and Staff:
- Familiarize yourself with the College Travel Policy and Travel User Guide.
- Submit NEW online Travel Authorization Form designed for IC Workflow.
- Once submitted, approvers will receive automatic emails when there is a TAF awaiting their review.
- Determine payment options for your travel expenses such as conference registration, airfare, lodging, etc. Refer to the Payment Methods section of the Travel Policy for further details. Payment methods may require approval and processing time. Please plan accordingly.
- Ithaca College is tax exempt in New York and other select states. When making reservations or traveling to a state that recognizes the College's tax exempt status, please provide vendors with the state specific Tax Exempt Form.
- Keep receipts related to your trip as they must be included with your Expense Report Form.
- Promptly upon return from travel, complete and submit an Expense Report Form and Travel Expenses $25 & less Worksheet (if applicable) to your Authorized Approver who will then forward the approved form and receipts to Travel Services.
It is important to note that in order to comply with IRS regulations, Ithaca College employees must reconcile College travel expenses on an Expense Report Form within 10 days of return from the trip. In the event that an Expense Report is not submitted to Travel Services within 60 days, any college paid expenses will be treated as income to the employee. These funds will be subject to required payroll tax withholding and reported on the employee's W-2 Form.
College related travel expenses incurred using personal funds will be ineligible for reimbursement after 60 days.