“To provide an exceptional academic and clinical program in communication disorders which prepares students for professional practice in a dynamic and diverse society.”
Vision, Mission & Goals, Strategic Plan
The mission of the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at Ithaca College is to:
- Educate undergraduate students and graduate students seeking a communication disorders program that is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech Pathology and by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education;
- Prepare undergraduate students for graduate school and prepare graduate students for entry into the profession of speech-language pathology by providing academic, clinical, and research experiences that foster critical thinking, professionalism, and independence;
- Provide a firm theoretical, evidence-based foundation with opportunities for application to clinical practice in order to develop competent, confident, and contributing professionals qualified for certification by the appropriate professional groups;
- Provide the highest quality professional service to the individuals in our community who have communication and hearing disorders and differences.
- Encourage opportunities to advance knowledge relevant to the fields of speech-language pathology and audiology, disseminate this knowledge within the professional community, and advance the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology.
Click below to download the Department's mission and goals:
Click below to download the Department's strategic plan:
Questions or Comments
Interested parties may comment on the strategic plan by emailing Jana Waller. When sending a comment please include your name and affiliation with the department.